Fire & Rain by Elizabeth Smith Knits | Fire & Rain is knit in the round and features a fun (but easy!) slip stitch rib pattern that looks great on either side. And, there are options for 2 different yarn weights: sport or worsted! Knit in Purl Soho’s gorgeous Worsted Twist (for the worsted-weight version, shown in Red Poppy & Reed Gray) and Seasons Alpaca (for the sport-weight version, shown in Blue Jeans & Cerulean). Wear it long or double it up around your neck for a cozier fit. And don’t worry if you’ve never worked a 2 color slip stitch pattern before - pattern includes link to a video tutorial that will show you exactly how to do it! This is a fun, relaxing project that you’ll look forward to working on each day.
in Slip Stitch Rib pattern after blocking:
- Sport Version: 25 sts & 44 rnds = 4”/10 cm
- Worsted Version: 20 sts & 33 rnds = 4”/10 cm
(Note: exact gauge is not critical but it will affect your finished length and yarn usage).
- Circumference: 53 (54.5)”/135 (138) cm
- Height: 6.5 (8)”/16.5 (20) cm
Shown in Season Alpaca by Purl Soho (100% Super Baby Alpaca; 100g = 218 yds), broken out as follows:
- Color A: approx 215 yds, shown in Blue Jeans, 1 skein.
- Color B: approx 145 yds, shown in Cerulean, 1 skein.
Shown in Worsted Twist by Purl Soho (100% Merino; 100g = 164 yds), broken out as follows:
- Color A: approx 250 yds, shown in Red Poppy, 2 skeins.
- Color B: approx 150 yds, shown in Reed Gray, 1 skein.
- Sport-weight version: US 7/4.5 mm 32”/80 cm circ, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Worsted-weight version: US 10/6 mm 32”/80 cm circ, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 1 stitch marker.
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
Pattern Includes: Written and video instructions
Skill Level: Beginner